Commission changes are on the horizon at 123RF for new users. The memo below has been posted about what is required to stay on the old commission rate for photographers. No word on what the changes will be or how they will affect us, but guessing by point 3 they will be moving more to match the other big companies with lower payout rates. At lest they seem to be honest and trying to hang in there for the long run. 123RF is based here in my home town, so we will keep a close eye on them and let you know more down the road.
We will be changing our Contributors’ commission structure effective February 1, 2012.
Here’s what you need to know:
- All existing contributors shall continue to enjoy the current 50% nett commission share ONLY IF they fulfill ALL of the following criteria.:
- Have registered with 123RF.com before February 1, 2012.
- Have at least 150 accepted images in their respective portfolios by January 9, 2012.
- Have had a minimum of 10 paid downloads by January 27, 2012.
In the light of the criteria above:
- We urge you to continue uploading your images to 123RF.com if you haven’t already met all of the criteria above.
- We believe it is more expedient to upload your images now rather than later if you haven’t met the sales quota criteria.