iStock has announced a new awards program called "The Stockys". If the movies can have the Oscars the stock photographers should have their own version of outstanding work awards. The program is open to all iStock contributors, just select your images you want to enter per category. The program will launch on November 1st and run through November 14th, with the awards being issues on December 15th. So start going through your portfolio and look for those outstanding images to claim the $2000 prize. The categories up are:
- Artistic Vision
- Technical Achievement
- Most Useful
- Funnies File
- Coolest Abstract
- Concept Execution
- Stockies Stock
- Most Emotionally Evocative
- Story Telling
- WTH (What the H*ck?)
How it Works:
All iStock contributors are invited to nominate their own work for The Stockys.
• You have from November 1-14 to nominate 1 of your files for each of the 10 categories. These must be active files currently available in your iStock portfolio.
• You may not nominate the same file in more than 1 category.
• Each category is open to nominations from any of the different iStock mediums: photographs, vectors, raster illustrations, 3D renders, videos, animations, Flash files, sound effects, or musical compositions.
• For our kick-off edition this year, you can nominate any files currently in your iStock portfolio. In future years it will become a contest for files uploaded in that calendar year.
• iStock will set up lightboxes for each of the 10 categories with all the nominated files, which we will then pimp the h*ck out of around the site and in our newsletters for the next few months.
• When the nomination period wraps up a team of iStock judges will narrow each category down to a shortlist of 20.
• From November 22-December 3 the whole iStock community is invited to cast one vote in each category. Each vote you cast will give you an entry into a draw for $2000 and 2000 iStock credits.