Yes, it's good news for those of you who've been waiting for this moment. 123RF is now accepting editorial content. We would like to invite you to upload your editorial images or illustrations to us. Here's how:
- Log in and go to where you submit your images for upload
- Select 'Editorial'. Click on 'Continue' to begin your upload.
- Next, select the number of images that you wish to upload. Only web form upload is available for now. (FTP will be added later on!)
- Next, select the images that you wish to upload to us AS EDITORIAL MATERIAL only.
- Click the "Upload" button to start the upload process.
- Once the images have been uploaded, next, describe and keyword your uploaded images. There's a guide on how you should be describing your images on this page. Do kindly abide by the guide and we'll accept your images accordingly.
- When done describing and keywording your images, simply click on the 'Save' button and your images will be sent to the pending queue for our reviewers.
What happens next?
Images will be accepted and reviewed now. However, they will not appear immediately on the site. Once we have sufficient content, we will then launch the editorial content on 123RF. We anticipate this to happen at the end of February 2010.
Here are a few guidelines to be followed:
What are classified as editorial images?
Editorial images are generally photos or illustrations of newsworthy events, or famous people or locations with people often without model releases. These images can and are often used only in Editorial publications such as newspapers, magazines, news articles, academic publications and sometimes used in news related TV footage.
What we want!
- social events & other newsworthy events
- celebrities, personalities and interesting people
- live sports and music events
- world events and natural disasters
- cultural celebrations
- street scenes
- certain images portraying social issues
What we don't want!
- Images which are not editorial/newsworthy in nature
- Images which are too similar to other/previously submitted content
- Images which are not described in a proper manner (you'll need to rekeyword/describe them)
- Images which are sold elsewhere as RF/RM commercial
- Images which are offensive or lewd in nature
- Images which are not technically sound
- too blur,
- have been manipulated heavily or
- clearly does not depict the subject matter in a truthful manner due to image cloning, retouching, photo montaging and etc.
Thank you and happy uploading! We look forward to receiving your editorial content soon!